WHO IS IT RECOMMENDED FOR?
- if you welcomed your first baby
- if you are do not familiar with the Hungarian system
- if you would like to have professional support during the first few months
- if you want to be sure, that everything is on normal ways
- if you feel insecure and need someone to help
The miracle of a new-born baby is the most beautiful moment in any mother’s life, however can cause difficult and stressful time for unexperienced parents. According to our experiences from the last ten years we can see that being a new mother and father in a foreign country, in an unknown child-health care system, and not understanding the local language can be challenging for new parents. That is why we are here to offer you a helping hand, with professional infant care nursing service.
Once you are at home with your baby, you may have many questions, and need someone who you can contact with. Our postpartum care service can be a great source of support for you as a parent by offering advices, checking your baby’s growth and development and answer your questions.
WHAT DOES OUR INFANT CARE NURSE DO EXACTLY?
This service works in line with the Hungarian Child-Health Care Programme, which aims to promote optimal health and wellbeing for all children:
- Review your child’s health and development (including physical, social and emotional well-being and focusing on strong bonding and attachment between you and your baby)
- Help to create a healthy daily routine for the baby (feeding, playing, bathing, sleeping, taking the baby for a walk etc.)
- Provide early expert help on health issues such as breastfeeding, infant care (diapering, bathing etc.)
- Provide help in complemetary feeding (when and how should you introduce new food and allergies (gluten, milk, egg etc.) and how to prepare them, techniques to feed the baby etc.)
- Challenges such as teething, temper tantrums, sleeping difficulties
- Assess your baby’s age-appropriated somatic development (when should your baby turn, or sit, climb or stand up?) and give specific advices to improve it
- Assess your baby’s growth and development regularly (length, weight, sight etc.) comparing to other children in the same age. Provide specific advices tailored to individual needs
- Suggest age-appropriated ways to promote and improve your baby’s development (toys, games, devices, equipments and techniques etc.)
- Quickly identify any additional health needs your child may have
HOW DIFFERENT IS IT FROM PEDIATRIC CARE?
Pediatric care is more a medical service including checking the symptomes of diseases, checking the baby’s growth and development from more a medical perspective, provide vaccinatons and prescriptions. Infant care nursing (which is a traditional profession in Hungary) focuses more on prevention, status screenings and counselling about daily questions and problems from the very beginning.
- within a week after discharge
- 1,2,3,4,6,9,12 month of age
- whenever you need help
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO GET?
- leafelets about actual topics
- written reports about your baby’s status
- and of course answers for all of your questions